Cardiovascular Surgery Specialist Prof. Dr. Yusuf Kalko announced the prescription to protect women against vascular diseases. Here are the measures to be taken …
Dr.Kalko pointed out that as well as dynamic life and correct nutrition, birth is an important factor in the protection of women against vascular diseases. He emphasized on “Dynamic life and sports should be the most important activity that women should turn into a way of life. Women as safe as till menopause. The estrogen hormone acts as a shield against arteriosclerosis in women. Another important factor protecting women is birth. Birth is a serious protection against vascular diseases in women because the body is renewed with birth, but postpartum weight must be given. Also we know that abdomen fat is one of the biggest triggers of heart attacks and strokes. In addition, regular and healthy nutrition is one of the important factors in taking precautions. ”
With the birth, the body is renewed.
Women are safe until menopause. Estrogen hormone acts as a shield for women against arteriosclerosis. Another important factor protecting women is birth. Birth is also a serious trench in the protection of vascular diseases in women because the body is renewed with birth.
Women after menopause wear out in a very short time!
During this period, estrogen, which is a protective shield, is unable to perform its duty, and vascular diseases in particular pose serious threats. During this period, we frequently encounter conditions such as heart attack, paralysis due to carotid artery, uncontrolled high blood pressure. Smoking is the biggest factor in the progression of these diseases. Today, with the effect of the bans, we observe that smoking has decreased significantly in young people, but the 70-80 generation unfortunately does not give up smoking. When factors such as immobility, weight, and especially postpartum belly lubrication are added to this negative habit, this time insulin resistance increases. We know that sugar is one of the reasons that adversely affect vascular stiffness. On the other hand, in some special cases, we can encounter some vascular diseases before menopause, that is, at a young age. These are Marfan syndrome or cholesterol related diseases. If vascular disease has been seen before menopause, they must be examined in this respect.
Birth and sports are important!
It is possible to prevent these diseases or reduce their negative effects in the post-menopausal period. Active life and sports should be the most important activity that women should make. On the other hand, while the renewal feature of birth protects women in this sense, it is necessary to lose weight after birth. Because we know that belly fat is one of the biggest triggers of heart attack and stroke. In addition, regular and healthy nutrition is among the important factors in taking precautions.
What are the heart diseases that are more common in women than in men?
In our country, we see heart diseases more frequently in women, especially in the post-menopausal period. In terms of total heart disease, we see 7.3 percent for women and 6.2 percent for men. In women, rheumatic heart diseases and hypertension disease are more common than men. In terms of coronary heart disease, we know that it is more common in men, but this risk increases in women in the post-menopausal period.
What are the symptoms of heart disease in women?
In cases where the heart alarms, that is, when the blood pressure to the heart decreases, men usually show chest pain, while many women have little or no chest pain. There are symptoms such as shortness of breath, weakness, dizziness, nausea, neck pain, jaw pain, arm pain, back pain after effor.
Is the heart of men and women different?
The female heart and the male heart differ from each other both emotionally and biologically. To list the differences:
• Female heart is smaller, male heart is bigger
• The woman beats the heart faster, the man beats the heart slower
• The vessel of women are thinner than men.
• Since the heart valve structure is looser in the female heart, valve disease is more common in women.
• Women’s heart beats faster than men. Women will have more palpitations than men.
• It is beneficial to carry out advanced tests along with ECG and effort tests in women’s heart examinations. The reason for this is the difficult finding of heart diseases in women.
• Factors such as birth control drugs and cigarettes used by women cause faster clot formation in the heart than men.
• Death rate after heart attack is higher in women than in men. This is because the female heart is more susceptible to damage caused by a heart attack.
• The risk of vascular disease in women is very low compared to men before menopause. However, this risk increases significantly in women in the post-menopausal period.
Is the women heart really sensitive?
Women’s heart has a really sensitive and fragile structure. This has been scientifically proven. Because, only in women’s disease “Broken Heart Syndrome” is a disease that occurs due to stress after the sensitivity and fragility of the female heart and gives findings close to the heart attack.
What treatments are applied in vascular diseases?
• With minimally invasive vascular surgery in treatments, vessels can be opened under local anesthesia with small incisions.
• With hybrid surgeries, angio, stent and balloon applications and open surgery can be performed simultaneously. The method is particularly successful in the carotid artery and leg veins. The procedure performed by speech with patients and without putting the patient to sleep also provides advantages for older patients and patients with additional discomfort and surgery risk.
• Robotic vascularization is another successful process. (Robotic Atherectomy), a tunnel is opened into the vein with a special tool, and the vein is completely cleaned by shaving the plates. While the method used for the leg veins offers solution without surgery, painlessness, without incision, it gives very successful results in suitable patients.
• Stroke surgery is an open surgical method applied to stroke patients due to carotid artery. The method can achieve success for up to a week and 10 days after stroke in some eligible patients, and even up to one month in some patients. Stroke surgery performed with local anesthesia can also be prevented by stroke surgery technique in the early stage, even if there is 50 percent, 70 percent and 100 percent blokage in the carotid artery.